Sunday, August 26, 2012

Grocery store

I have never spent so much time in the grocery store as I did yesterday, OMG!  I was trying to think of what I could bring to work to eat, things that were easy, but the kind of food I could eat.  Did you know that the first thing you see when you walk into a grocery store is cookies and cakes, the FIRST thing!  I never noticed it until yesterday.  Then directly behind that is the produce section.  No wonder America is so damn fat!  So produce, ok here is the dilemma, I don't want to go to the store a million tims a week, so I was thinking of stocking up, but then I didn't want something to go bad before I could eat it or cook it for that matter.  So I got 2 nectarines, 2 peaches, they get soft and should be easy to eat. I got one plum and one apple, both not sure how easy they will go down.  I got a zucchini and squash, going to make some sort of casserole with ricotta and spaghetti sauce.  On head of cauliflower to make curried cauliflower, since it is so tasty and yummy.  Ok got past the bread aisle, whew!  I did go down the cookie aisle, I got one package of sugar free lemon cookies, for when I can't get past that urge.  I also got some low cal graham crackers, which I put sugar free cool whip in between, and froze those, they are yummy and low cal!  Then of course the pineapple and cottage cheese.  I got a thing  of the laughing cow cheese wedges, low fat triscuits, stuff I could eat and take to work.  I think all in all I did a good job at the grocery store, pretty proud of myself!
Off to my first day of work after two weeks, VERY nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment