Sunday, August 26, 2012

Never have I ever..........


in my adult life had bathroom scales!  I never have.  Growing up I really don't remember having scales in our bathroom.  Not sure why.  I always thought scales only went up to like 250 pounds.  Oh you know when you go to someone's house and they have scales, I would always step on them, and i would either get ERROR or the the dial would just keep spinning.  Someone told me recently that scales now go to 400 pounds and beyond, I thought it was time to get some scales.  A friend of mine kept bugging me to get them, and yesterday I finally did.  To them it was no big deal to pick some out, bring it home and step on it, but to me...........it was full on anxiety.  Would these really weigh me, after all these years I could really step on a scale, oh no, I can't do it..............I was actually scared of the thing.  Well he took them out, and they won't weigh you if it is on carpet, had to be on a hard surface, he took them to the kitchen, sat them on the floor, and he stood on them and weighed, yep he thought they seemed accurate.  He said now it is YOUR TURN.  I started breathing very heavily........maybe I even sweated a little bit, and well, I stepped on them.  Sure enough I had lost three pounds since my doctors visit!  Yes I know that I need to make sure they are weighing accurately and hopefully the same as the doc.  But still yet, it was a small victory that I needed to see, those three little numbers were music to my ears.  They are now in my bathroom upstairs, I haven't attempted to get on them again, don't really see the need, I don't want to become obsessed, but they are always in the back of my mind, I see them everytime I come in the bathroom.  I might weigh in the morning before work!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment